Remember your target audience is net savvy and is familiar with internet and mobile and thrives on this medium. Use this strength to leverage your reach and to manage your processes reliably and effectively. Here are a few aspects you should keep in mind when you take your forms online:
For the Applicant:
Ensure that all data relevant to your admission decision making process is captured in the form
Use field labels that are easy to understand.
Ensure that your instructions for filling in the form are simple and easy to understand. And keep it short!!
Where possible have the option of help in the local language
In order to ensure convenience for candidates
- Enable the student to fill in the form in multiple sittings without losing data that was earlier filled – a simple auto save feature facilitates this
- Provide for document uploads and alert the student when they make errors in uploading documents
- Enable online payment of application and admission fees
- Make the form mobile friendly.
To support accuracy in form filling provide for
- In field data validation e.g where numbers are to be filled it should not allow input of letters
- Drop down datasets and lists
Provide for alerts and communications to students on critical milestones during the application process including
- Acknowledgement of a student registration
- Reminders on critical dates during the application process
- Acknowledgment of payments received
- Acknowledgement of receipt of form
- Intimation on Results and other steps in the admission process.